I get asked A TON in the preparation process if braids look better or not. The truth is my answer will always be it is completely a personal preference. I'm going to make sure your horse is captured in a way that makes them look STUNNING and I can do this with or without braids!
If there are certain aesthetics you are hoping to capture or maybe even hide here are some things to consider:
YOU SHOULD BRAID WHEN
- You love tight detailed shots of horses when scrolling through Instagram (braids give us more depth for detail shots vs a standard mane)
- You like the clean sleek look of your horse's neck
- You have a hunter horse and want to capture their show ring poise
YOU SHOULD NOT BRAID WHEN
- Your horse has a long gorgeous two-foot long mane (HAIR GOALS)
- Your horse has been out of work and his neck muscle isn't quite where you want them right now!
- You don't have a professional/ master braider in your barn. Nothing sticks out like a sore thumb as bad braids!