Back when the tumblr blogging days were a thing on that hipster social media lifestyle... I'd write a letter to Universe every single year.
2018 WAS THE YEAR OF THE RAT RACE and I learned a lot!
I honestly couldn’t tell you what was right, left, up or down. I put over 20,000 miles on my car, took some flights, shot my first big A rated horse show, my first few weddings as lead photographer, met over 300 horse’s and their owners, hosted published styled shoots, had plenty of meltdowns, shed a ton of frustrated tears, had to put on my big girl boss pants and stand my ground, accepted I made mistakes, heard so many inspiring stories, and still got to ride and work with some bad ass horses along the way.
I’m still trying to figure out how I managed to do so much in the last 365 days. I wish there were more days in the year so I could spend more time with the people who matter most to me. As I’m writing this during my time of rest I realize how distant I feel from my people (the ones who aren’t in the horse world that is). I felt like I was doing a good job of checking in and reminding them how much I love, but then I would realize it had been a few months already!
Even after conquering so many milestones this year, I now realize what people mean about coming back to your roots, being present, that the phone goes both ways, and hold the people that mean the most of you close to your heart. I have some big goals going into 2019 for SSP, but when it comes to the goals for me, I hope they bring me back to the people who have helped get me to where I am now.
Call them my intentions, my dreams, my list, my letter. I make my goals for 2018, for my life, my heart, my mind, my career path. I believe by writing this I am making a promise, to at least try and to work hard because none of it will be handed to me, and anything is possible.
HERE IS MY LIST FOR 2018:
1. continue to shed light + love to every person you meet. you’ll keep seeing the positivity it brings to your life.
2. make time to rest, burn out is not an option
3. make more time for family and friends again, call your people at least once a week
4. have a self care day at least once a month
5. save your money like you have to buy a house next year!
6. accomplish ALL your business goals- its possible and you know it
7. don't go backwards, continue to grow, be the best you that you can be
8. continue to open your heart and let nick know just how loved he is
ANYTHING + EVERYTHING IS POSSIBLE. SOME I MAY NOT ACCOMPLISH, SOME I MAY KNOW ARE ALREADY GOING TO HAPPEN. BUT I BELIEVE IN THE POWER OF THIS, WHATEVER IT IS AND WHEREVER IT COMES FROM, IT FUELS ME + I HOPE IT FUELS MY NEXT 365 DAYS.
goodbye 2018 hello 2019
here are some of my favorite moments of 2018: